dimanche 26 août 2012

Zurich.

I'm swallowing my tasteless biscuits with difficulty, looking at my pictures restlessly.

I can't get over Zurich. It's been as if the summer holidays I couldn't get this year had been condensate in those three days. Such an amazing summer feeling, the one that I had been waiting for a year, the exact one I was looking for. The friends, the heat, and that impression we'll be forever young; and the first steps in a new city, the sweat, the laughters, the long, frustrating but exciting waiting, the summer camp in a friend's small bedroom, the late conversations in the night, the pouring rain that makes it even more spectacular, the tears of joy, the many hugs, and above all, our hearts beating so fast when our bands are about to come on stage. It's been a while since I hadn't felt that alive.

I just feel so down ever since I got back home. So down that I can't even stand Paris, at the moment. I'm just not ready to face reality again. I'm just not ready to be back to the regular, boring life that every regular person have. work, home, work again, home again, silly, alcoholic parties involving puking and sex mistakes. I'm not ready to face normal people again, the OTHER people. The ones who cannot understand just how much music means to me, the ones who cannot understand how I feel when at the very beginning of a trip, when I step out of the train/plane/car, putting my luggage on the floor, and telling myself "Wow, this is it, I'm there!". The ones who cannot understand how I can be that happy when The Vaccines or White Lies finally hit the stage, to name them only. Those moments when I feel that I am exactly where I need to be. Those moments when you're under the impression the World is finally going right, those moments when you feel like a jigsaw finally being completed by its last piece.

When I close my eyes, I'm still there. His smell, Federica asking to feel her heartbeats right before the Vaccines, Freddie's applausing us while singing on his soundcheck, the way I just couldn't say a word while waiting for them to come, Justin's headbanging on Bad Mood, Their discreet laughters while performing, their looks, Laura's hugs, Ronni's face, Brandon's smile, the stars in my eyes when I first saw The Killers, my tears on Bling, Federica's sleepy baby face on mornings, my girls' conversations in italian, Rachel's kind features, that strong warmth overwhelming me when White Lies were on stage, that torrential rain I couldn't give a fuck about, Harry's endearing extactic face, Jack's wave of hand to make me understand he would chose me...

I'll just keep closing my eyes, to print these moments forever in my mind.

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh, I know that feeling when you close your eyes in order to recall all the beautiful moments... You're lucky, you saw White Lies, The Vaccines and The Killers at the same festival! If there was a festival like that in Poland... I would die.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. And I also hate that feeling after the gig when you have to face the other people who don't know what music means for us and come back to your reality... If there's a heaven for me, it's an eternal music festival. Then I wouldn't be afraid of the lack of time existence.

    RépondreSupprimer